Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribs--foil wrap--how?

Options
opod
opod Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
stupid question but in 3-2-1 method how are you-all foil wrapping the ribs? i saw post on doubling the foil which i think is a great idea. but, specifically, do you wrap them tight like when you are letting a butt rest and add a little apple juice to it or do you suspend them over a bowl of apple juice and wrap the whole set-up in foil? if so, what is the best way to keep the ribs out of the apple juice?
kurt kowalski
clarksville tn

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Take a long section of foil, double it back on itself. This extra thickness prevents a rib bone from poking through. Lay your ribs, meat down. Seal the top, then seal one end with a double crimp. Before sealing the other end add 1 to 2 ounces of liquid, then seal it. You want the meat in the liquid. (And only one rack per pouch too.)

Move to a 250° oven or the pit for 20 minutes to 1 hour, (depending on how tender you want them). When they have finished this braise step, they can be unwrapped and returned to the cooker to firm them up or they can be enjoyed without the firm up step.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Ike Witt
    Ike Witt Posts: 195
    Options
    Hi op

I've often heard of the foil method referred to as
    the "Texas Crutch" Google texas crutch , there is a lot of good info and explanations.

good luck

allen
  • BG Outdoors
    Options
    Kurt, are you by chance in the Army and went to flight school in 1997-98?