Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless expanded metal grate

Options
King-O-Coals
King-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
METALGRATE.JPG
<p />I got a lot of pics to post, but while I'm thinking about it,, here's the stainless grate I keep talking about. This thing is great for wings, shrimp, fish, peanuts, spagetti, meatballs, pig ears, chitlins, and,,, well you get the point..

Comments

• Grill With Bill
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]Cool looking grate. Where did you get it? I'm always looking for ways to spend money on my egg.[p]Bill
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Grill With Bill, this is the first prototype that was "suppose to be" a product line for BGE. My buddy with the metal fab shop was going to develop one that was easy to clean and had no sharp edges. There is no way to cut expanded metal in shapes without having points that can snag skin, so he was trying to develop a frame that would allow a small weld at every sharp point. But his business has taken-off in real money-making areas and he don't have the time or people to put on it now. I have another just like that one that don't have the stainless frame. It works just as well without the frame, but you have to be careful of the sharp edges. Get a metal shop to cut you one. Just carry in your existing grate and use that as a pattern. I just brush it with a stainless wire brush while the coals are hot. Spray it with non-stick spray and even the ittsy-bitssy tender stuff don't try to stick. You can flip wings with a wide spatchula.