Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Update: Saturday Nite Party Butts!

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Put the butts on about midnight and pulled the first of the three at bout 4 this afternoon. Had it wrapped and in cooler before I realized that I needed to take pics. So ran inside to get camera of the remaining two. Here they are before they got wrapped, one in back didn't come off until about 6 o'clock. Now they are headed to the party!!

Will post reactions later. Have a great weekend everyone!!

Glad I decided on midnight as the start time because I ended up having a slight temp problem at about 5 o'clock.

DSC01476.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    They look great. Sure they will be a hit.Very nice for a non gator :ohmy: :woohoo: Nice job & sure your cook will be the talk of the party.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    good looking oinker ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• usc1321
    usc1321 Posts: 627
    Options
    Very nice!! I must say those are some great looking butts!! ;)B)
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    Those look Awesome! Did you use anything in the drip pan? Did you hit 200? Good job and they look tasty!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Perfect timing. :P Those look like my John Henry Pecan-rubbed butts. What did you use?
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Thanks everyone, they were indeed a hit. Host mother wanted to know how I cooked them, tried explaining about lump charcoal and The Egg. Told her she could do it in their current smoker but it would be chore. :)

Jeffersonian you are right JH Pecan Rub it is.

Rolling Egg I use diluted apple juice in the drip pan, the front one was at 200, the back one had to cook about another hours or so. Had another butt that sat olmost right over it that is why the bark is not as uniform.

Now I have to start perfecting ribs!