Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

how do I search for info by topic???

Options
mattm
mattm Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
is there a way to search for specific topics on the forum? I see things...a few days pass...I then want the info...but it is gone and I do not want to start the same topical discussion all over again.

Any help is appreciated!!

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    mattm,

There is a search feature; however, at present it tends to return way too many results, if it returns at all. The high volume on this forum has caused this. We are currently looking into improving the search.

You can try the search box at the top left of this message; or, the site search in the green bar at the right. Either will search the forum, but be prepared for a ton of results. Sometimes there's so much that the search does not finish (especially for words like "turkey", etc.)
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I have often found when searching for info on a topic a post I'll make requesting info. If the forum your posting your question on has enough traffic Google seems to pick it up........ so searching for the topic in question with maybe the username of the person you remember making the comment and you just might find what you seek.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    Maybe this belongs in Forum Feedback, but...

If I type, say, "AZRP shrimp" (w/o quotes) in the search box, first it will try to find everything with either "AZRP" or "shrimp" in it - were talking about a lot of posts, and sometimes it dies trying. Or it will return a gazillion hits (not much good) and THEN give me an option to search for the exact phrase "AZRP shrimp" - which might return what I'm looking for. It would be good if the "all words" and "exact phrase" options were available from the beginning.