Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My 2 new favorites..

Options
ILL--EGGER
ILL--EGGER Posts: 478
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Irish Ale and my new small egg..how sweet it is! :laugh:
DSCN2536.jpg
DSCN2540.jpg

Comments

• Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Congratulations on your new small. Wish you lots of luck with it. I love my small egg. Taking next week camping with us.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Steve,
    I too love my small BGE! I use it at least 60% or better of all my cooks. It can cruise at low temperatures or it can scream at blazing high sear temps. Iffin you are in the market for yet another eggcessory get yourself a cast iron grate for that small and you'll never look backwards!

PS - I never thought of you as Irish!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Marc  from IL
    Marc from IL Posts: 499
    Options
    That picture makes it look like a large BGE. LOL
  • DynaGreaseball
    DynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Options
    Congrats on the small. Eggs are so pretty when they're brand new and all shiny. Come to think of it, they're pretty all the time.

Hey, did they put the bottom vent screen on wrong? Or is the screen and the door reversed on all smalls?
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    I think they put it on backwards but doesn't seem to make any differance. I'll probably flip them around just because I'm used to it the other way though.
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    All German here Ron but I still like that Irish Cream Ale from time to time...and I just happened to have the camera handy at the time :laugh: .
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    DynaGreaseball wrote:
    Hey, did they put the bottom vent screen on wrong? Or is the screen and the door reversed on all smalls?
    I've always seen it with the screen on the outside, but the setup in the photo looks like it's worth trying. I've never been happy with the way the draft door rattles around in the slot on our Small. Putting it behind the screen should stop extra air getting in.