Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Love my SMALL

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The more I use it the better I like it ,find myself using it 80 -85% of the time over the large ,However would hate to be with out the large ,it just so handy to use the small ,I can do almost 3 steak brat meals and can do 3-1-1 ribs all day long ,6 hrs cooks
If your looking for your 1st egg dont over look the small it can just about do it all

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    I feel the same. I have only used mine for a few simple things so far, even threw some dogs on last night for a quick burn.
    It's almost like driving your sedan and leaving the SUV in the garage.....enough room for the task, and much more effecient.
    Picking up the plate setter is a one handed job vs. two for the large.
    Have you noticed any differences in how it performs?
    Two things I have noticed are: The difference in temp from grid to dome is minimal. Lowering temperature is easier (or actually doable) possibly because of less ceramic being heated up.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    We started with a Small that we brought home from Waldorf in May. We bought it with the intention of buying a second, larger, Egg if we found we liked the whole concept. We've seared skirt steaks, cooked spatchcocked chickens, slow cooked baby backs, grilled shrimp, baked a chicken pot pie and a peach cobbler (not at the same time), made lots of pizzas, and too many other things to list.

Our Large will be delivered on Saturday. Our first cook will be shish kabobs for four people. That would be possible on the Small too, but I'll be able to use the full length of the skewers and spread them out more on the Large.
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    The large is more stable on long cooks ,I have the plate setter also ,did ribs one am it was -17 outside temp ,Also yu can get your small to 675 in about 2 mn ,use a hair dryer ,WORKS GREAT did it last night with bratts and dogs
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    I've seen the hair dryer recommendation here before. I like not having electricity in my outdoor cooking space and I've thought about trying a fireplace bellows.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    That's funny Doug,I thought I was the only one with bellows handy.I do have power at the eggs,but wifey gets pissed when I take her hairdryer outside :whistle: If you look directly over the small,you can see it,

002.jpg