Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who had the 19lb chuck roast?

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious how that came out and do you have any pics.
Thanks,

Mike

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i think that was me

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

these were all the photos i had.. i made it as roast beef cooked it till 170 sliced it kinda thick... the bride loved it so all was good ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Thanks,
    I have a catering gig on Oct. 11 for 250-300. I told them 45lbs of pit beef and 25lbs pulled pork. I need to slice this thin. How was the middle of the meat compared to the ends? Doneness/tender ect.

Mike
  • BENTE
    Options
    yea it was done per thermapen.. but since i had to rewarm the larger one i cut it thick so it would not just fall into pieces... if you are doing pit beef i would use the eye round.. it has always come out great here but i have not had pit beef in a resturant

but excuse the pic it was alot better tasting than looking :laugh:

101_0353.jpg

besides with the eye round following wessb's instructions it will be a quick easy cook direct at 400 if i remember correctly ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I will probably use bottom round roast. Or, I can get what is called "whole goosenecks". It is the bottom round and eye of round included. Just looking for a large piece of beef instead of a bunch of small ones.
    Thanks
    Mike
  • BENTE
    Options
    let me knhow if i can help would love to return the favor on the ribs ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• UnConundrum
    UnConundrum Posts: 536
    Options
    I just did one this past weekend for our East Coast Gathering using the stoker and some new software we're writing....

med_1214003298-P1020345.JPG

med_1214163526-P1020363.JPG

You can review the graph HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I think they're great and have made several over the years... ever since NB did a small one at a small eggfest in PA years ago. It' s my favorite big group go to. Of course, you could always ask this guy:

med_1214237885-Hillard.jpg

I've sent out a request for more pics. Will post if I receive them.... Oh yeah, more pics of the gathering HERE
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    I knew there were a couple people. That looks tied. What all did you do? Did you serve as a roast or pit beef? I think chuck roast as more flavor that bottom round for pit beef.
    Thanks,

Mike
  • UnConundrum
    Options
    Like I said, I've asked for some pictures from the folks who attended. I was busy cooking ;)

I trimmed it, removing silver skin, and tied it to keep it under control. I prefer DP Red Eye Express, which is all I used on it. 225 grid for 18 hours I think.... I pull them earlier than most folks around here; It was about 165 internal.

This was a gathering of folks who are into kitchen knives, mostly Japanese steel. Everyone carved their own ;) Served with homemade Jewish Rye.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Options
    That is a heck of an idea. How impressive to serve a huge chunk of meat and let every one carve there own portion.

Mike
  • UnConundrum
    Options
    LOL, made them cut their own bread too :)
  • UnConundrum
    Options
    Here's some pics from one of the attendees. I forgot that I carved a few slices off before we put it out.... to give them the idea. Looks a little dry in the pictures, but rest assured, it wasn't.... :)

And here's a link to one I did about a year ago... Picassa