Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need roast info--

Options
Bamabob
Bamabob Posts: 246
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The other day one of our grocery stores had a sale on bone-in rib eye roast.The good BOSS lady picked up one HOWEVER!!! when I started to prep it,the rib eye had turned into a eye of round.This is about a 5# hunk of potentially tough cow.I've cooked the eye of round in pieces like steak and they were tough.I'd appreciate any cooking suggestions anyone has on taming this hunka meat.Thanks. Bob

Comments

• RayS
    RayS Posts: 114
    Options
    Bamabob,[p]I've done eye of round on the BGE a number of times and it turned out great. [p]I soaked it in a brine of 1 quart of water and 1/4 cup of kosher salt. Adjust this to completly cover the roast. The ones I've done this amount was enough. I poked holes in the roast before I put it in the brine. The next day I rinced the roast with water, padded dry, lightly covered with mustard and sprinkled with black pepper. I cooked it at about 225 to 250. Two hours per lb. I used mesquite for the smoke. The meat sliced nicely with a great smoke ring.[p]Let us know how you decide to cook.[p]Happy cooking
    RayS