Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Simple Marinade for Chicken Breasts Needed

Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
edited 7:02PM in EggHead Forum
Anybody got a simple (i.e. normal kitchen ingredients)marinade?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Hey Rich, stick a fork in them a couple times. Wishbone Robust Italian Dressing wih a little cayenne.

Mike
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Mike (aka Mr. Ribs),

How long to sit in the marinade?

Regards,
    Rich
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    An hour or so. You ready for The Loved One next week?

Mike
  • Orange juice
    Chili Powder
    Garlic Powder - I prefer minced fresh.
    Onion Powder
    Kosher Salt
    Ground Pepper
    Shot of Tequila if you got it
    Tabasco if you like

Marinade as long as you can..
    Tri-tip ready to go. Going to see if I can cause Smitty fits by melting a gasket on one of his demo models for three years in a row.
    Jerry,

Now this sounds interesting. Thanks for the recipe.

Rich
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Hey Rich,
    soy sauce, worcestershire, lemon juice, garlic clove chopped fine. add hoisen sauce and ginger if you want.

or

white wine, citrus juice(your choice), chopped garlic, herbs(oregano, thyme, basil, rosemary), Black pepper.

or

can crushed pinapple, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger.

With all of these, after you remove the marinade, bring to a boil, add some corn starch to thicken. Use as an accompaniment sauce. HTH.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,734
    Big'un,

Dark sesame oil and cilantro would be a great addition to the first one.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    buy a bottle of MOJO
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    Nice addition to my list. You sure I'm not supposed to stuff them with sausage and wrap them in bacon?
    Morro Bay is a small town (with a small "s"). Will have to wait for upcoming trip to Eggs by the Bay but will look for it there. Thanks for the tip.
    Hey, That was my special secret ingedient. Haha.
    Yes Lil Steven, you are right. There so many additions of ingredients you can add. My marinade mantra is, If I like it by its self, then add it in, as long as it will impart flavor. You could also puree a sweet onion, throw in grapefruit juice, etc... That's why I didn't include measurements, if you like more lime, add in more. I like to grill peppers and then puree them and add cream to make a rich colorful sauce.
    Now would that make my concoction the new Other White Meat Healthy Triple Threat?

You can tell it is getting late here as I'm getting punchy.
    What? Rich, are you trying to insinuate that my recipes are less than healthy? :S I'll have you know, that no matter what I cook, I always have a healthy helping. :whistle:

I'm glad the Triple threat was so memorable; it's still one of my favorites. Did you ever try my Cranberry Amaretto infused pork loin? It's da bombe.
  • Chef CharlesChef Charles Posts: 868
    Ranch dressing ... can't get any simpler than that! Of course, you can add as you see fit.

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Grill-GalGrill-Gal Posts: 17
    This is similar to one from Lebanon (mid-eastern) and it tenderizes boneless chicken. Best I ever had. You can vary the spices.

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/summer/r/yogchicken.htm
  • SyraQSyraQ Posts: 95
    I like Raichlen's "The Only Marinade You'll Ever Need"

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/THE-ONLY-MARINADE-YOULL-EVER-NEED-103749
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,566
    it's not a marinade but bob gibsons white sauce on the back end of the cook is a big hit around my house. Just rub the breast with a somewhat spicy rub, cook 375-400 direct and raised grid. Toward the end of the cook, simply baste the breast in the BGWS. Also have some sauce tableside.

In the recipe, I use apple cider vinegar to replace apple cider and vinegar. Pics are from a couple different cooks. T

misc003.jpg

chicken003.jpg

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_27428,00.html
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • civil eggineercivil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    I have used a margarita drink before many times and it always turns out well. hick!
  • SWOkla-JerrySWOkla-Jerry Posts: 639
    This isn't so simple, but not too bad.

Tasty Cajun Chicken Recipe

By chefmeow
    Tried and true and oh so good. We love this and serve it all summer long. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.

Ingredients
    1/3 cup oil
    3 tablespoons vinegar
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 teaspoon black Pepper
    1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (recipe below)
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 pounds boneless chicken breast
    Cajun Seasoning:
    3 tablespoons paprika
    2 tablespoons salt
    2 tablespoons garlic powder
    1 tablespoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    1 tablespoon cayenne powder
    1 tablespoon oregano
    1 tablespoon thyme

Directions
    Place chicken in a large self closing plastic bag and pour in marinade.
    Marinate chicken for 20 minutes or for up to 3 hours.
    Grill chicken 14 minutes turning once.
    To make Cajun seasoning combine all ingredients thoroughly.
    Store any left over seasoning in an airtight jar.