Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Competitions

Options
JimF
JimF Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was reading the rules for the Wash DC BBQ competition this weekend and it said that the competitors were not allowed to provide or sell samples to the public. Is this the norm for all BBQ competitons?

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    yes usually...if you are going to competitions to eat you may be disappointed...if it is a big event there will be vendors selling their food...but the comp teams do not usually give samples... :(
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Some comps have a people's choice where you pay for samples. Most generaly you need to know someone competeing.

Mike
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I've been to a few, the upcoming Greenwood is like this, where attendees have to buy tickets then can exchange tickets for samples. I guess this alleviates business license issues for the competitors and turns the revenue to the host city/organization to pay the awards, etc.
  • fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    At least until the competition is over and the judges have made their decisions. Then, the competitors can give away samples.

Mike
    Wrens, GA