Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time brisket help

disabledDKdisabledDK Posts: 64
edited 3:16AM in EggHead Forum
Hello everyone. Viewed the reciped section but didn't find anything that looked appealing. Any suggestions? Planning on cooking this Sunday, will want to marinate Saturday. [p]Thank for your help,[p]DK
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,342
    DK,
    I used a marinade Spice Cooks emailed me that was excellent. I don't have it in a digital format though. A simple rub is enough. You could slather in mustard first, put the rub on, wrap it and let in sit in the fridge overnight.[p]Another good flavoring option is Elder Ward's Brisket recipe. Did he post it in the recipe section?? I know he posted it on the forum just before Christmas. [p]As far as cooking, I would go 225-250 indirect over liquid filled drip pan. Will take about 2.5-3 hours per pound. You could go ad high as 275 indirect, and still get good results at1.5 hours a pound. Even quicker with Elder's direct method at 275.[p]My preference is 225-250 indirect all the way through. When polder reads 185, do a fork test. Either try lifting the chunk-o-chest up (if you can't lift with a fork, it is done). Or try twisting a fork. If not done, try test again at 190. Sometimes they aren't ready til 200. Sometimes at 185. Depends on the chunk-o-chest.[p]Good luck with it, they are a lot of fun.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • Nature Boy, Thanks for the help NB. Just got back from golf here in sunny FLA, didn't shoot that well, but had a great time. I'll try the archive for EW's post.[p]DK

·