Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

frozen fries

trishtrish Posts: 15
edited 8:24PM in EggHead Forum
someone told me you can cook frozen fries on the grill by letting thaw out and cooking on foil on BGE. anyone know how?

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,770
    Yes place them on foil and cook them.. HAHAHAHAHAH

Sorry couldn't resist..

Seriously that is how. No need to thaw. Just following the baking directions on the package. Just bump the temp about 10 degrees
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Use some Pam and indirect. Lawn Ranger has a technique for frying. :woohoo:

Mike
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,770
    but he's a trained professional.. or was it he slept in a holiday inn...
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    It was definately the Holiday Inn that made him smarter that day. :woohoo:

Mike
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I just put them on a screen frozen and cooked them according to the oven instructions, they came out fine. -RP
    IMG_1058Small.jpg
    IMG_1062Small.jpg
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    You can also do them on a griddle or cast iron skillet. I let them thaw and add a little oil to the griddle before cooking them.

DSC04981b.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RRPRRP Posts: 18,940
    Trish,
    I wholeheartedly recommend these as the best on the market! Their taste beats all other frozen fries hands down! Just follow the package directions.
    IMG_0265.jpg
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Better yet thin slice potatoes and or sweet potatoes,put them in the freezer for half an hour and throw them on @400 for 15 min. and they are better than any of that store bought stuff.I use the flat side of the cast iron grid but foil would probably work,just won't have the grill marks. Oh yeah turn them about half way through.
    Jim
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Here I thought it was a Budget Inn....... :P