Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5th Annual TN Heritage BBQ Festival?

Options
Buck i Nuts
Buck i Nuts Posts: 65
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am wondering if there are any Eggers going to the 5th Annual Tennessee Heritage Barbecue Festival in Smyrna, TN this weekend? I plan on attending and thought it would be a great way to meet some of you. I'd be glad to lend a hand to anyone who is in the competition. It's being put on by the KCBS (Kansas City Barbecue Society). Hope to see some of you there ! I live about 5 min. from Smyrna in Murfreesboro...

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Wasnt aware of the event dude...but looks like I'm about 1 1/2 hrs from Smyrna and the wife is outta town this weekend...I might take a spin down there if nothing comes up...
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    That's cool. Be glad to meet you. If you decide to head there, give me a call on my cell. It's 615-663-6105. Thanks for the reply ! :laugh:
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    It is close enough that Kevin or Dan may be there. Maybe they will chime in.
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    Thanks very much for the heads up ! I will root them onto VICTORY! My wife and I are looking forward to going. We will be wearing our 10th Anniversary Eggtoberfest shirts from last yr. Stand out like a sore thumb ! I appreciate the heads up ! ;)
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Friday will be the best day to go. It more relaxed. The teams will be very busy Saturday until turn in times are done. Don't expect a lot of converstaion with them during this time. After the awards. things will also be a good time to visit.
  • Buck i Nuts
    Options
    Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks very much for the tip. I've never been to a competition before so it's nice to get info from people who have. We'll steer towards a Friday visit ! Take care and if not before, maybe we'll see you at Eggtoberfest 08 !
    Michael :cheer: