Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3:41 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and Eggavoiders.

I was deep in Dreamstate when the plumbing alarm abruptly brought me back to reality from being a downed airman hiding in the basement of a French farmhouse in 1944. I was even speaking French, so apparently I had been there some time. I was teaching them how to make French Fries and someone said, "oui monsieur," and I thought they said, "Weee" which apparently activated the desire to test the plumbing.

Now back in real time I made my way through the darkened tunnel between the carbon unit recharging station and the maintenance facility without much difficulty, arriving just in time to release the pressure release lever. Ahaaaaaaaaa (in French of course) and all was well again. Once again my extensive training and experience paid off and a serious plumbing leakage problem was prevented.

I then proceeded to the food preparation area where I tackled the job of checking the refrigeration illuminator. It was fully operational and I was once again pleased with the results of my performance.

A few steps away to the south-facing external perimeter observation device and I was face to beak with Rodney Dangerbird who wanted to discuss the new arrivals. More specifically, their ranch names... I told him I was still working on it and that I thought that given the growing number of crew members it might be time for some reassignment of duties. He looked puzzled but chickens do that a lot. Then he waved and walked away in place, silently crowing under his breath. I was tempted to remind him that I had recently spatchcocked and heated a non-responsive relative of his on the Big Green Egg. I just let it go... this time.

I proceeded to the ICC (Intergalactic Communication Center for short) where I read some of the recent reports from other agents. There was some dialog between Red Hat and Mad Max regarding malfunctioning framing and the resulting pain. That got my attention because I too suffer from a similar structural malady for which I have intook pain-relieving devices with decreasing success, and now I am faced with surgical removal of the offending aggravator. Red Hat (aka Celtic Wolf) apparently elected to remain in this condition as no mention of desirous relief was evident in his report. It is becoming increasingly evident that our pre-invasion crew members are prematurely aging and may not be suitable for occupation status much longer on this planet.

Given there are 7 Members and 73 Guests actively pursuing silence I see no reason why I should remain upright.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Viva La France" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    It is choice not to take drugs unless it is absolutely necessary. When the mind is properly engaged it can do amazing things. However, simple distractions can break the concentration. The nightly dealing with ID 10 T's, the off key singing of a carbon unit referred to as colleague, or said colleagues walking on a concrete floor that has a designed bounce to it can all lead to a break in concentration.

One other concern has once again popped into reality. I sampled a serum glucose reading only to find it way too high. I must once again re-evaluate what this carbon unit consumes on a daily basis. Due to reasons that really are only excuses I let my diet go. It is now rather obvious to me that I must return to that strict diet. If I can not bring this dragon under control quick enough I may be forced to do what I dread doing - take medications.

So I have found a real topic to blog about and that is How to BBQ and stay healthy. Hopefully my road to lower serum glucose levels and lower cholesterol can inspire other.

With that I say - "Good Night Leroy"