Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sirloin with Chimichurri

Options
Jeffersonian
Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm really enjoying my new Dinosaur BBQ book. They have some fine recipes in it that can be easily adapted to the Egg, along with excellent pictures to draw you in. Here's one I did a little while back:

Two top sirloins in DinoBBQ's Mojito marinade:
DSC01097.jpg

Made some green chimichurri to go with it, using cilantro instead of the unfinadble Italian parsley.
DSC01099.jpg

This was very, very good and I kept the leftover chimichurri around for burgers, ribeyes and such later on.

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I prefer using cilantro to the italian parsley in chimichurri myself. I also tend to use a lot more balsamic than most recipes call for.

You should marinate some chicken thighs in that stuff for a couple days for a great taste.

Dinner looks good - I did corn tonight for the 4th time in a week. I have apple pie burritos all rolledu p and ready to go on in just a bit.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Good idea on the chicken thighs...plus it gives me an excuse to whip up another batch of chimichurri as I just ran out last night. I might do the red type this time.

I saw those peach pie burrito pics you posted the other day...and immediately bookmarked them. I have yet to do dessert on the Egg, but the day is coming.
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Burritos weren't mine...this is my first go. I think it was eggtucky.

Use the green chimi on the thighs - you'll thank me later.

ChickenOn800.jpg

ChickenDone800.jpg
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Right you are about the peach burritos...Eggtucky.

You're convincing me that green's the way to go, Rod. Those thighs look spectacular.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Probably this is the first time on the forum that someone comments on the china rather than on the delicious food........but in 1975 when I was a student in England, I bought the same tableware shown in your photo...........in London......Regent Street near Oxford Circus...."The Botanic Graden" by Portmeirion.... :laugh: :laugh: Great !!!!!!!!!!
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I'm so jealous of all of you that like cilantro. It has so much to offer from a flavor standpoint, and there is nothing like it. It really seems to bring other flavors forward, and adds a really interesting zing to many things. My wife loves it. The kids tolerate it too.

But to me it still tastes like soap :-(

Still working on trying to train my taste buds to like it (been trying for 18 years now....maybe soon!)

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Outstanding cook Jeffersonian! The chimichurri green sause looks great with the rest on the meal. I must try and make some soon. ;)
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Give that man a cigar! I had no idea the pattern was that old, but it makes me glad in a way...it seems more timeless. Our real china is English, too...Minton.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Thanks, JL. If I forget to post the recipe in the next day or so, just ping me out of my senility, will you?