Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

need pizza help

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
what are you guys secrets in cooking a store bought frozen pizza? what temp and do you go by the directions on the box? how lone do you cook it. My problem is the bottom gets over cooked before the top gets done. is their anyone out their that has a perfect technique that you would share?
thanks

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,172
    Options
    Setup should be plate setter (legs down) with spacers, such as the BGE ceramic feet, on PS and pizza stone on spacers. I do mine at 500 degrees........should take 8-10 minutes.
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    If it was me, I'd use egret's set-up and then follow the directions on the package.

I use his temp when I am cooking my own -- never saw the advantage to go hotter, but I am not sure with a frozen pie.
  • mattk330
    mattk330 Posts: 74
    Options
    Just the other night I cooked a frozen pizza. Used platesetter, legs up w/ grate (I don't yet own a pizza stone and pizzas have been turning out so well I'm wondering if I ever need one). Essentially this set up was as close to a real oven as I can get it. Cooked it at same temp and time as the box said. It was perfect. My wife asked why we'd ever go out for pizza again. I've also had really good luck w/ Papa Murphy's Take and Bake. Again,just followed the instructions. It's a no brainer.