Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dinner tonight

Options
Firestarter21
Firestarter21 Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, we put together some Parmesan Basil Chicken. It was delicious. I threw some of the pecan wood in the fire, next time I will use some of the bigger chunks with the bark.

Before...
DSCF2383.jpg

DSCF2384.jpg
After...
DSCF2395.jpg
And in the mean time, Shivers was waiting for his share. :P
DSCF2397.jpg
Thanks for the recipe Fidel, looks like it has become quite the popular choice here on the forum, must have been the great looking pictures you posted with the recipe ;) .

Barrett
Woodstock, Ga

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Haha! I love the pic of the empty plate, followed by a very sad looking friend. You did hook him up with a little taste, didn't you?

Does the bark make that much of a difference on the pecan smoke? I always read that the bark imparts a bitterness to the food being smoked. Is it different for pecan?

Thanks, Barrett.
  • Firestarter21
    Options
    No, unfortunately there wasn't anything left as you could see on the plate. Maybe next time.
    As for the wood/bark, I had made a post in the last day or so asking other eggers their opinion of bark on wood. A friend had a healthy pecan tree spit and a ton of wood was on the ground, someone else got the most of it, but I was able to get a ton of splintered pieces and smaller pieces. I was hesitant to throw pieces in the egg that had bark, but everyones response was positive about the use of bark. Said some may have differing opinions as for the taste, but everyone liked some good clean bark in their fire it seemed.
    I plan on trying it soon, I will try and post whether I can tell any difference.

Barrett
    Woodstock, Ga
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Very nice. A dry old chicken breast is hard to do something with. Looks like you did well. Still don't know what to think about someone who could look at that face and not slide some'en his way!! ;)