Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tippy Egg

geralds34geralds34 Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just received my Large Egg, and setup in a red cedar table that I built, resting the egg on a 16x16 concrete paver. The egg is rock solid when the dome is closed, but fells like it wants to tip back when I open it up - is this normal? The paver has a pattern on it that is supposed to look like brick, and I had to lay 2x4 under the paver to achieve the proper height for the hinges to clear, but I can't see that making the egg tippy. Also, the table is setting on a concrete patio, and that area of the patio has a slight angle to it, probably 1 inch in 4 feet, that shouldn't affect it.

Is this normal, or should I take fire box and ring out, dome off, and pull the egg to look at the bottom off the egg for un-evenness?

Comments