Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Pittsburg Style" steaks

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Want to know how to do this.[p]Thanks

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Phrogge,[p]I've done these a few times with great results if you like an intense char and bleeding rare center.[p]follow the link[p]chileside.gif
    [ul][li]the Cleveland version of Pittsburgh steaks[/ul]
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Phrogge,
    Get Mr. Egg up to 800º - 1000º bottom vent all the way open and the top vent off.
    Open Mr Egg and place your steaks ont eh grill (I hope they are at least 2" thick) Sear for 2 minutes maybe three in your case flip wait 2 -3 minutes then take them off
    AT HIGH TEMPS BE CAREFUL OF FLASHBACK!

• Unknown
    Options
    Phrogge,[p]If you have (or have access to) a Brinkman smoker, get one of the grills. They fit perfectly down into the large egg right at the top of the firebox. Fill the firebox, get a good fire going, drop the grill into the egg (I use heavy oven mitts and a pair of vice grips). The meat winds up just inches from the lump and surrounded by fire...two minutes per side and you have the charred, seared outside and perfect, rare inside to just about any good cut of steak.