Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Color Blind please HELP Read/unread

Options
Louisiana Redneck
Louisiana Redneck Posts: 198
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
Good afternoon,

Could you please help. I am color blind and I am having a lot of problems determining which messages have been read and which have not. From my view, Red and Green are the same color. Can you change these colors to a more contrasting combination. People make comments all the time at work about the colors on my computer screen. Thank goodness we celebrate Mardi Gras around here. They think I am just using those colors, when really they are very good contrasting colors. Please e-mail me back with the directions on how to do this.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Louisiana Redneck,

At the moment, we have no method of providing individual users a way to select colors. The color choices are part of the "style sheet" which is global to the entire site.

In our defense, red and green are generally considered to be very contrasting colors (e.g. traffic lights). But of course, with traffic lights, red is on top while green is on the bottom; so, even if they appear the same, it is possible to determine the state from the position of the light instead of the color. Unfortunately, we don't have the positional option in this case.

The new template we are working on over on greeneggers.net does provide three different "contrast" schemes; and, we will look into adding another one based upon grey scaling or the like that would work for folks like yourself.

We'll also look into adding a color selector that would allow you to choose specifically the colors that you would like to use; and/or, a "contrast" mode that uses the default browser settings for these options.

Unfortunately all of these things will take a little bit of time to investigate and implement. I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Hey LR..in the meantime...experiment with the font sizes...if you get them just right, the unread will be in bold text and the read will be in non bold...should be able to see that ;)