Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Ribs

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made a ton of country style ribs this weekend. When done, I shaved the remaining rib meat into a vac pac and sealed them up for later...I've got about 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of prime lean chunks of leftover ribs..looking for some ideas on how you use yours..I know this has been posted before so I already have 2-3 pretty good ideas...but thought I'd ask and see if there are any new ideas out there...

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Have you tried a cu'ed pizza?
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    ABTs, chili, beans, nachos......
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    Tacos, burritos
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Hate to do this...but....*bump*
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    too funny about the bump!

here try this:::

Chili, Pork, Rib

I had four racks of spares from Costco that I trimmed to St.Louis style, the trimmings equaled almost as much meat as the racks. I had a bag of dried New Mexican chiles, left over from tamale season, so I stemmed and seeded them and rehydrated them in hot chicken broth. The chiles, broth, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and cumin went into the blender for a fine puree and that mixture was strained into a dutch oven. I added some more broth and the rib trimmings and brought them to a simmer. They cooked covered for about four hours at which point I removed the meat and shreded it. I poured off the fat from the broth and added the meat back in as well as one diced white onion. I let that cook another hour, then removed the cover, raised the heat, and reduced the liquid until it was almost gone. I served this with some flour tortillas along side the Blues Hog bathed spare ribs for an excellent meal. -RP

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, AZRP, 06/11/07

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky
    Options
    Bente..that sounds pretty awesome and a lotta process :woohoo: ..may try that one!..in fact GONNA try that one!..as for the bump..well..I view this forum using the 'last 25' link..but I dont think most do..so the 'bump' is prolly a waste :(
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    I'll call your bump and raise you a thump B) :woohoo: :woohoo: Think I might have to try Bente"s too. He & Richard really helped with the beef ribs so gotta try all their posts :)
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    You must have a great big rabbit in your household to raise it a thump.My daughter had one with the biggest ears on earth and it would thump like crazy.Dang ducks are squawking out side and the dogs are making a dash for the outdoors.See Ya.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have been using the active thread first thing works well keeps me busy :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb