Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gebby burgers for lunch.....

BamaFan
BamaFan Posts: 658
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
If you have not tried these put them on the list. Outstanding and thanks to whoever posted the recipe.

DSC04373.jpg

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    it was rrp

Beef, Burger, Gebby, RRP

There's a local family restaurant in town named Gebby's. It's a homey place with a quirk in that it only operates one shift per day. It opens at 6:00 AM and closes 8 hours later at 2:00 PM. Something I love from there is called a Gebby Burger. I finally decided this isn't rocket science and I'm now duplicating them at home on my BGE.

1 Starting with a 1/3# patty I wet it with Worcestershire,
    2 then sprinkle on Dizzy Pig's Cow Lick Steak Rub and some garlic salt.
    3 Egg for 4/4/2 at 400°
    4 During the last 2 minutes I add a stack of cheeses consisting of 1 slice each of American, Swiss and hot pepper.
    5 Top with grilled onions and dill pickle slices.
    6 That is one yummy sandwich!!! That blend of cheeses may sound quirky but it works!
    7 Hail to the Gebby Burger!!!

Recipe Type
    Barbecue, Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: RRP

Source: BGE Forum on 2008/05/20

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BamaFan
    Yes it was. Thanks for giving him credit. Man they are good.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    So glad you liked them! That blend of cheeses simply works!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i have to wait until the next trip to the store ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BamaFan
    I did cheat and added some sliced jalapeno. ;)
    Wife said it might be the best she ever had.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Oh man, I just read the post closer. I thought this place was over in Anderson and since I go by there from time to time I was hoping to stop by and try one of these burgers at Gebbys. I guess I'll just add them to my BGE list of things to try!
  • RRP
    LOL - it may be further than you think! The one and ONLY Gebby's is in Peoria, Illinois!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Bookmarked! I might cheat and use dill stackers instead, but this looks yummy. Thanks, RRP.
  • RRP
    stackers are precisely what I use too. When I grill the onions I use a combo of real butter and EVOO and season with a smig of garlic salt. And lightly toasting your buns works too! Hope you like it!
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Oh, duh....it says dill slices. I read it, but my brain registered "sweet pickles." Getting old sucks.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    LOL I will try to remember Gebby's if I am ever in Peoria!