Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Honoring Those Who Are and Have Served

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Serving in the Military was both an honor and a privilege for me. But it was also an eye-opener when the question arose, "Am I willing to die for my Country?"

I was only 18 years old.

Like everyone else I answered with a resounding "YES!" But the significance of the question hadn't really sunk in until later when I was alone and asked it again. This time I was personally committed to the answer.

I answered "Yes" once more knowing full-well that in doing so I was giving greater value to my Country than to my own life.

Those who have never served in the Military will never quite understand the significance of the question or the importance of the answer, but I hope they never forget those who asked and answered it.

Spring "At Peace With My Decision" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Well said Leroy. I too recall that question, and the many times I asked myself that question in my head throughout my service.

From one vet to another, thank you for your service to your country and Happy Memorial Day.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Thanks, guys for helping defend our freedoms--I'm glad to have made it back in one piece after all my military deployments as well.

...and today we honor those who have paid the ultimate price for us to be safe today.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Well said. As a 20 yr vet I remember those thoughts also. Still brings back many emotions.
    So here's a salute to all who didn't make it back, and another to all who served, and who are serving still. God bless you all.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    My first trip to the wall was as tearful an experience as my last.

Carey Gilbert aka Sundown
    Viet Nam Era Retired Navy
  • I always have a difficult time visiting the Wall