Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Stuff!

Options
BarbieQ
BarbieQ Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just had our first Pulled Pork meal, using the wisdom of the EGGsperts on this forum to make it a success! I had never tasted this delicacy before, and really did not know what to expect. We have been using our large egg daily since we got it a month ago, and this was the first overnight cook. We egged some ribs last night for 4 hours before putting the butt on, and still had plenty of lump left for the roast. Used Elder Ward's method as a guide, but cooked it at 220-230 after reading of The Naked Whiz's great results in this temperature range. I used Elder Ward's rub recipe, although I'm not much for cumin so I cut that way back. Made Gfw's BBQ sauce, which was a big hit, and also JJ's Sauce to have one with more vinegar tang. Cat's Yankee Coleslaw rounded out the meal. This was a great find, since as a Yankee I prefer a less-sweet coleslaw. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge! [p]Barb