Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dazed and Confused

Options
Firestarter21
Firestarter21 Posts: 309
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, put 2 5 lb butts on at 2 am. At 1 this afternoon they were reading 190. They are still reading 190. I want to pull them, it is possible I burnt all the coal up, but my dome temp according to digi q is 245, and stayed pretty consistent through out the cook. Should I pull them and wrap, or add more charcoal. Also, I think I will need more meet for tomorrow. I bought a 7.3 lb butt and I was going to throw it on after these come off. Is there any unwritten law about how long the egg should cook at a time. Or the strain on the digi q, just dont want to hurt anythings. Thanks for any advice you all may have to offer.
Barrett
Woodstock, Ga

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    go stick them with a skewer, if it slides right in they are done. if dome temp is still stable theres still lump in there, also you could up that temp to 300 and it wont hurt a thing at this point if they still need a little cooking
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it