Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seasoning tip-True Lemon and Guac too

Options
Scotty's Inferno
Scotty's Inferno Posts: 624
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning all. After using this product like crazy for a couple of months, I thought you might like to check it out. My wife and I are big citrus fans and use lemon and lime all the time. This stuff is the closest to having fresh fruit on hand all the time. Real juice is often the best, but not always. For instance, forgive me Chris, but I mix one packet of the lemon with one tablespoon of DP Shakin' the Tree to kick up the lemon a bit. I had actually considered calling Chris and seeing if he could make me a special batch w/extra lemon. This does the trick.

I'm using 2 packets of lime, 2 teaspoons of GOYA adobo seasoning, 2 haas avacados and one roma tomato for a fast and tasty guac. Sometimes I kick that up with a little smoked habanero--depends on the company!

Here's the link and have a great weekend:
http://www.truelemon.com/

GOYA: http://www.goya.com/english/products/product.html?prodSubCatID=7&prodCatID=4

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Just ordered some samples.

Here is guacomole variation.

Appetizer, Guacamole Bites

INGREDIENTS:
    1 9 1/2 Oz. Pkg Mini Puff Pastry Shells
    1 Medium Avocado, Peeled, Pitted, Cubed
    1/3 Cup Mayonnaise
    1 Tbs. Lime Juice
    1 1/4 Tsp. Minced Garlic
    3/4 Tsp. Chili Powder
    1/2 Tsp. Salt
    1/3 Cup Green Chilies, Diced
    Dash Cayenne Pepper or Tabasco Sauce
    Finely Chopped Tomatoe, Cilantro or Cucumber to Garnish

Procedure:
    1 Prepare pastry shells according to package directions. Coarsely mash avocado.. Mix with mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, salt, green chilies, cayenne pepper. Spoon avocado mixture into pastry shells, mounding high. Garnish with cucumber, cilantro or tomatoe. Serve cold.

Servings: 24

Recipe Type
    Appetizer

Recipe Source
    Author: Unknown

Source: Richard Howe
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Nice! PS-Bought the true lemon at Publix. Scott