Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"Barbecue Secrets Revealed!"

Happy Hog
Happy Hog Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
"Barbecue Secrets Revealed!"
by: Randy Pryor

Anyone know anything about this guy and if it is legitimate.

www.barbecue-secrets.com

Sounds like a good deal but I don't want to get sucked in by some con :evil: artist.
Probably more good information on this forum than can ever be found any any cookbook.

Thanks,
Happy Hog

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    I dunno...he's from Kentucky...not sure I'd trust him! :P ...seriously..if you read the ad.. I would HIGHLY doubt that he will impart any wisdom to you that you havent already gotten or can get from this forum...there just isn't a lot of secrets left and how many times do you hear about failures cooking on here like he describes??...I'd spend my time and money going thru the archives of this forum if it were me..oh..and it is..and I have ;) :P
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Anyone trying to sell something that hard, there has to be a problem somewhere...this smacks of internet scam to me. I'm guessing there isn't much you can't learn from someone or some other publication, especially the internet that this guy has kept all to himself...think about it.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    ...and think about it...what serious BBQ enthusiast only spends $300 on a cooker.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    he talks about "setting up the grill for basic grilling" and then "making bbq ribs" in the same breath.

i dunno about you, but grilling and barbecue are two different things, as you good folks taught me here a while ago.

i think drBBQ and NB and CW and WM many other successful types have pretty much shared all there is to share (except maybe their secret ingredients!).

i vote for saving your cash...
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    I don't know him, but the link you posted goes to a site with some of the cheesiest marketing and exaggerated claims that I have ever seen! LOL. Buy today, and you get free valuable stuff! And that's not all....

I'd vote for saving your money and skipping this one, but that's only one opinion from someone who can be opinionated ;-)

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Anyone ever tried to pull the membrane off of ribs after they've been cooked?
  • drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Is it really a cookbook if the guy emails it to you?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • What a deal! And for only $37.77. I've ordered 24 of them for my friends to have.

Wait! I don't have any friends.

Never mind.

Canceled the order.
  • ...canceled your order.....you're going to miss out on all that free stuff.....
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    I say, save your money for an eggfest, watch the forum and ask questions. Feel free to shoot me an "E" if you have any question you don't want to ask online. I think you'll learn alot from this forum, I know I have!!
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I have a question for you - are you joining me and TB in Evans for the Eggfest next Saturday or what? We would love to cook with ya.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Happy Hog,

Before I continue, I think most of what is being offered is here on the forum and I would dare say everything offered is available on the internet, free. It depends what your time is worth chasing it all down.

John Pryor writes/compiles many ebooks, hundreds if not thousands, of which some are great and others not so much.

What interests me is his method of making money.

I am not sure if he still is but he used to be on eBay and other auction boards.

Your free gifts will mainly consist of more free ebooks related to the topic you found, in this case BBQ.

If he follows most of his other ebook promotions he or his people have gathered and compiled many recipes and such and made them into an ebook.

As far as ebooks are concerned, they are great. There are some free sites which offer thousands and thousands of ebooks for your enjoyment and use. eBooks can be read on the computer and there are many ebook readers available. I read where Apple is making one or has already offered one that has functions much like the iPhone, move your finger over the surface to turn the page one way or another.

This is an internet version of infomercials on TV. A very long sales pitch with many offers including free email snipits.

If this peeks your interest order it. He offeres the buyers 100% money back. Clickbank is a reputable company. You are also protected if you use your credit card.

If you don't like what you see then request a refund.

GG
  • Happy Hog
    Happy Hog Posts: 67
    Thanks Guys for all of your input.
    I had a feeling this would be how most of you would feel about this and I completely agree. I think this may be a attempt to snooker lots of people.
    I'll save my money and buy lump to Egg with.

Thanks again,
    Doug
    Happy Hog