Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tonights eats

Options
AlwaysGolf
AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Tonights flavor of choice: chicken thighs. 375-400 indirect for about an hour, pulled at 200 according to the trusty thermapen.

5 done with sauce and 5 without. All done with lawrys perfect blend seasoning and rub for chicken and poultry.

DSC01434.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Nicely trimmed and done, AG!
  • KentuckyEggMan
    Options
    Nice! I think the egg does the best chicken in the world. I especially like them whole cooked on a beer can. I find about a 5 pound chicken on a 24 oz can of bud 3/4 of the way drained done to 190 degrees with peach wood for smoke is about as good as it gets. I make my own rub.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Looks great AG.I love your countertops.They are awesome :woohoo: You must be feeding a small army out there :silly:
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    We have a mixed marriage here. Wife and stepson are Noles fans. I pull for them if not playing Bama.
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    Let me add...the cook looks great. I have tried thighs but the family loves the boneless ones better. I will cook half and half from now forward.
  • AlwaysGolf
    AlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    Options
    KentuckyEggman--I and the wife agree the egg does the best chicken. I usually do whole ones spatchcocked.

doug-123 thanks, wife picked those out so I cannot take credit for them. No small army but usually cook enough during the week for leftovers for lunch the next day. Family of four with one house guest!

BamaFan--Last year was rough in your house I guess. Was a good game. Never tried boneless ones but will put that on the list

Beanie-Bean saw your brisket in your post looks good. Would try one but not big beef eaters in this household.