Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Doing baby back pork ribs...

Options
Widgeball
Widgeball Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I plan on doing a couple slabs of baby back pork ribs this afternoon--but have never done them on the BGE...

I have a great sauce to try, but would love to hear any suggestions on how to do them best!

Thanks!

Comments

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Options
    I like indirect with drip pan on plate setter. Use a little evoo and rub let set for at least 1 hour then spritz with some apple juice and cider vinegar and put on grate flat with dome not over 250 grate temp at 200 to 210 bone side down spritz about every hour with same mixture until rack bends easily and meat is shrinking away from the end of rib usually at least 4hours sometime over 5 test with forf or toothpick for tenderness. Some like to sauce before pulling from egg but we like just a little on the side Goodluck
    Gerry
  • NJ-GrEGG
    NJ-GrEGG Posts: 171
    Options
    You're in luck...I just did three slabs on Friday!

Coat the ribs with your favorite rub and give it an hour to absorb in. It would have been better to season them last night...but hey next time!

Put the ribs on the Egg over indirect heat for 3 hours at 250F. After 3 hours wrap them in foil and put them back on for 1 hour. ( Some like to take them off a little under one hour...45 - 50 minutes)

Take them out of the foil and return them to the Egg for one more hour. Then you can flip every 20 minutes.

As you near the end of that last hour you can sauce them until they look good to you.

Happy Eggin!
  • Widgeball
    Widgeball Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks to you both for suggestions!

I am sure they will be great!!!