Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

LR's onion burgers tonight.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Marian must be in charge of prep, we talked for about an hour (I'm sure she has plenty of minutes :woohoo: )
Anyway, burgers.
Cover the onion with meat.
ob1.jpg
Add a nice pat of butter and rub.
ob2.jpg
Direct at 350. Indirect at 400 might be better, you don't want to turn the burger very often.
ob3.jpg
Let the butter and rub soak in the onion and burger.
ob4.jpg
Flip at the most 2 minutes to finish.
ob5.jpg
Take inside with toppings. Don't limit youself to tater tots and 1000 Dressing. :woohoo:
ob6.jpg

Thanks Lawn Ranger.

Mike

Comments

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I've got some Pine Club burgers thawing for dinner tomorrow. I'm not going to desecrate their king of burgers status with that treatment. They are too lean a gristle free to tolerate it anyway.

I do need to try that onion inside the burger trick with some butter though.

However in honor of the lawn boy I did buy a bag of okra to fry INSIDE :evil: for dinner along with the burgers B)
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Nice looking burgers, I like the idea with the onion in the burger. Gonna have to try that one. I put the onion on top after the flip and then add cheese on top of onion to hold onion in place but it does not cook the onion that way. Thanks.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,172
    Options
    Here we go again!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    I'll take the one on the right, please :) Those look great, Mike.
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Don't try to lay that onion burger creation on me. We all know who really came up with that. ;)

ob1.jpg
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    I did these a couple weeks ago for the first time with some of the sweet Vidalia's that have been showing up. VERY tasty. Balancing the fat content of the beef (think shrinkage) and keeping the onion encased in the burger is the trick. I used a combo of 85/15 chuck and 90/10 sirloin and it seemed to work really well. One flip is all it takes! Good eats for sure.