Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Good Salmon Recipes Out There?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife loves Salmon and she loves the way the BGE cooks. I'm sure someone out there has a fantastic BGE Salmon recipe. It would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    M. Hess,[p]Gotta recommend Gretl's Dijon Bourbon Glaze. It is fabulous! Here's the link, very simple to prepare and very forgiving. My family and friends love this smoked salmon.[p]http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/newRecipes/seafood0151.htm[p]Enjoy![p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Gandolf,
    Thanks, I'll give it shot for supper tonight. I'll eggroast some fresh-from-the-garden zucchini and asparagas tp go with it.

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    M. Hess,[p]Sounds great! What time is dinner :-)?

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    M. Hess,
    I like to make strawberry salsa or mango and pear salsa, either as a side dish or even dumped right on the fish. Here is a pointer to the recipes:

[ul][li]Naked Whiz Recipe Page[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    Geez I am screwing up all my pointers. Here is the correct recipe pointer:

[ul][li]Recipes for salsas[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • Charlie44mag
    Options
    M. Hess,
    I use a generous covering of Wynn Dixie's steak seasoning on the meat. I also put a quartered fresh orange on the coals along with an unsoaked chunk of wood with the temperature at 350 F. Salmon steaks take about 17 minutes and I usually turn after 10 minutes.

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    M. Hess,[p]how did Gretl's salmon turn out? it's a favorite. Next time you're at the bookstore, if you see steve raichen's "How to Grill" grab it and try his rum-smoke salmon (pps 309-313). It's good too. [p]For fun, I sometimes try this little stunt for guests who start out the evening making fun of the BGE and how odd it looks. (I got this from a post over on one of the other ceramic cooker boards). [p]I marinate salmon filets in a mix of olive oil, lemon juice, dry mustard, diced garlic, chopped capers, salt and pepper. (no amounts given - so just wing it). I let it sit in the marinade for an hour. I place the filets skin side down on 5 sheets of newspaper! Yes, newspaper cut around so there isn't much overhang. The drama of the thing is whether the BGE will burn up the newspaper and the evening meal. [p]Place on the BGE at 350 degrees and keep the filets in there for 20-30 minutes. Very delicious...