Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Made some pizza

Options
Maciek
Maciek Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Made my first pizza on the egg tonight. I didn't have a pizza stone (and my dealer didn't have any in stock) so I used the plate setter legs up, grate, and then a pizza recipe from my Grandmother. It turned out quite well. Pizza was loaded with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, grilled chicken, and of course motzarella. I didn't have a lot of time, so the sauce was just a very light coat of tomato paste.

pizza008.jpg

pizza009.jpg

A shot of the crust
pizza010.jpg

I've had a large egg for about a month now. So far I've cooked mahi mahi, salmon, trexed some porterhouses, beer chicken, abts, pork tenderloins, pizza, tuna steaks, ribs, and I still am amazed at the food.

I've only had one less than fantastic meal from the egg. I am loving this thing!

I am going to do my first butt on Thursday, I'm really looking forward to it

Comments

• East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Looks good, but did you cook it in that pyrex dish?

Just curious.

Greg
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    great lookin pie there Maciek and great ingredients too...za is one of my favs on the egg..worth buying one just for that if nothing else!! ;)
  • Maciek
    Maciek Posts: 54
    Options
    Greg,

I did cook that one in that glass dish. I think technically its a quiche dish.

The other one was in a very shallow metal pan (almost like a cookie sheet, but a little deeper). I think the one in the glass dish came out better, but that may be just because it cooked slightly longer. Everyone was hungry so I think I pulled the first one off too quick.

Eggtucky, thanks for the compliments! We are definitely looking forward to more pizza off the egg all summer long.
  • BeerMike
    BeerMike Posts: 317
    Options
    That looks awesome! I think I'll cook pizzas this weekend. :)

Cheers,

BeerMike
    I think it's time for another beer!
    BGEing since 2003
    2 Large BGEs 
    Sold small BGE, 3rd and 4th large BGEs and XL BGE (at wife's "request"....sad face)
    Living the dream in Wisconsin
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    Nice job, looks great.