Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother Nature's fury

Options
Chef in the Making
Chef in the Making Posts: 902
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mother Nature has been acting up on the Delmava peninsula so I tried to capture some of her fury.[img]Waves breaking over the bulkhead http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj142/urnmor/068.jpg[/img]

The ocean

056-Copy.jpg

057-Copy.jpg

Ocean to the bay streeet flooding

055.jpg

View from teh canal

050.jpg

almost lost her early morning

052.jpg

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    been there many times when its raining hard. ...the main drag there between OC and rehobeath is one of the worst draining roads around. ... .i remember one time watching some kids kayaking down main street in bethany. . .gotta love it. ..

i was also in OC the week after hurrican francis (i think it was francis) tore out the boardwalk back in the 80s. ..streets were full of sand. ..it was quite the site. .. and don't forget that the OC inlet didn't even exist prior to the big storm in the early 30s. .i've read that the next 'big' storm will create a new inlet up around 45th street or so. ... its a barrier island, and they are designed by nature to move ... . its only a matter of time. .. .
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Nice pics of the ocean! Weather can be so pretty and yet so distructive. I rode about 120 miles north of hear today. Be rolling along then 2x's looked like a bulldozer 200 yards wide rolled across the road. Tornados. Concreat slabs and tree stumps. No one was killed there but was farther north.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    we were heading to Lewes but the police had the road closed. They were concerned that the water at Indian River Inlet was running so hard that it undermine the bridge pillings and that it would collaspe
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    I was looking at some of the damage.
    doesn't seem like the storms are becoming more destructive both here and abroad.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    John,

You're family is alright, right? Hope that everything works out for you guys...

Take care.
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    Hope all is well up there. Looks like a typical summer thunder boomer we get daily in florida. They come, they dump, they leave and the water is gone in a half hour.