Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Total frustration

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I have been unable to post to this forum using my handle ever since it went to the new format. I try to use my handle as a guest but that doesn't work because my handle is already in use. So I try logging in using my handle and my password isn't right. So I ask for a new password by sending my handle and my email address. I get the new password, enter it and now I'm waiting for a confirmation email that never comes. I'm not sure if I'm activated or not as that email never comes. So I guess I'm stuck with just reading. I'm not sure a new handle would have any more success as I'm sure I would find that my email address is already taken by my old handle.

This is about the third time I've gone through this song and dance with no success. I'm sure I'll be sent many more emails that get lost in the bit bucket but I keep hoping one will get through or someone knows how to fix my problem. I can't understand how I can get an email containing a new password but can't get one for confirmation or activation.

My handle is: EggRacer
My email is: jsteph45 at swbell dot net

This is my last attempt to be able to post again to the green egg forum. If we can't get it to work I guess I'll just have to find another resource if there is any. I'm just disappointed and very perplexed.

Comments

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    EggRacer,

The confirmation emails are only sent automatically once. After that, I have to request another manually; so, your aren't getting them because they aren't being sent. Now that I know your having these problems, we can get you going again.

You have mail -- hopefully.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Still no mail. It's not going to junk folder either. It's just lost in the bit bucket somewhere.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    EggRacer,

Hmm -- that's odd. Since you can receive the password reset email, you should be able to receive the confirmation email. I just sent another one and checked the logs. They indicate that the message was accepted for delivery by your ISP's mail server. I'm not yet sure why it would fail to reach you.

I'll look further into it; and, I'll try forwarding it to you manually.
  • EggRacer
    EggRacer Posts: 400
    Options
    I received an email at 9:19 and have been able to get confirmation. Thanks for the help.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX