Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's cook and the Big week ahead(long post)

Options
usc1321
usc1321 Posts: 627
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My brother is flying out today and really wants to buy an egg, however my sister-in-law is not sold on it yet. So this week will be my opprotunity to allow her to see what the egg is all about. Here are some pics of what is going on the egg today. ;)
Pastrami :whistle:
DSC01421.jpg
And of course a pork butt :woohoo:
DSC01426.jpg
The rest of the week we have spatchcook chicken, T-Rex steaks, AZRP's The Chicken, some pizza, and a rib roast planned ;)B) If you guys have any other ideas I am all ears and would love to have something to really knock my sister-in-law socks off.. :side:
Oh and here are 2 shots of the turkey from last night while we carved it (and sampled) ;)B)
DSC01418.jpg
DSC01419.jpg

Comments

• Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Options
    Very impressive. If she's not sold after that she simply has no taste.
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Have you ever baked bread on the Egg? Look for the No Knead recipe....it will blow her socks off...also cooking Pizzas usually gets people...what a fun time you will have.... :silly:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Since you are all ears, consider throwing some sweet corn in with some of your cooks. The good stuff is starting to show up in stores now. The best way I've found is to just cut off the loose silk and put it in the Egg, no shucking, no soaking, direct or indirect, 40 minutes at 350 and if direct, turn it every 10 minutes or so. They shuck very easily when done and the silk just falls off. -RP
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Almost forgot, serve it with condiments like melted butter, chile powder, and lime. -RP
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i can't believe someone has not said ABT's

DSCN0038.jpg
    and staying with the pepper theme stuffed peppers

superbowl08014.jpg

and still with the peppers stuffed poblano peppers

DSCN0231.jpg

and bananas foster

eggin003.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• usc1321
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I will cook them all, ABT's, corn on the cob, and some bread ;)B) I hope they are hungry :woohoo:
  • BENTE
    Options
    i have a friend that lives in chattanooga (about 4hrs away) last time we went we got there on thursday night fired it up for a ham friday morning, after that was a batch of meatballs, then slow cooking a couple butts. on saturday morning we cooked no knead bread, then a turkey.. we left first thing sunday morning with a well used egg in the rearview mirror :silly:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Dunno if she is a pizza fan..but with the low n slow and mid range cooks you have..the pizza and quesadillas really show off the versatility of the egg!!....
    831bfedd.jpg
    db47d616.jpg
  • usc1321
    Options
    Sounds like agood weekend of food. :lol: I'll post some pics this week as things go along and hopefully my brother will be visiting the forum soon with his own egg. ;)B)
  • BENTE
    Options
    why would you let your brother have the secret to having great food??? i don't tell my brother and he asks me how i do stuff

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• usc1321
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I never thought of that :laugh:
  • Frank from Houma
    Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
    Options
    I didn't see any desserts in the recommendations. A nice dessert demonstrates flexibility. Celtic Wolfs cornbread would be on my list.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I second the no knead bread but do a trial run to make sure it works for you. Do it all the time and never messed up. Very forgiving just don't let brown to long and burn bottom. Also got to do AZRP's hot'n spicey shrimp with the Trex stake! Surf and turf with the bread!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: