Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonights TRex and a Question

Options
Large Marge
Large Marge Posts: 404
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wife and I love the TRex'd porterhouse, we split a huge one tonight with sweet potato steak fries and zucchini stuffed with herbed goat cheese- Question for TRexperts: what's the best way to protect the tenderloin from overcooking? As you'll see, the strip/short loin came out perfect med-rare+, but the thin tenderloin overcooked. Foil-wrap after first turn? Thanks in advance!! Now the pics...

IMG_3585.jpg
The sear... kept it simple- EVOO, salt, pepper, and a little DP Raisin' the Steaks

IMG_3586.jpg
Ready to serve...fries crisped nicely this time- ice water bath for 30 mins, EVOO/salt and grilled 13-15 mins during final steak cook

IMG_3588.jpg
Dig in!! Big wide zucchini, scooped a trough inside, grilled for 8 mins then filled with the herbed cheese to finish on the grill. Will have to dig up recipe if there is any interest - it's really tasty!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    well now you got to post the recepie... you can't dangle it out there and not expect to have to post it... if you decide to not post it send it to me in a email ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Maybe put an icebag on the thin tenderloin prior to cooking, kind of like cooling the turkey breast before cooking. HTH.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Having never tried this, my attempt to answer your question is really another question --

Hot tub the meat first, then quickly sear-'n-serve...

[?]

~ B
    B)