Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need brisket advice......

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
plan to cook my first brisket but am confuse about the cooking time. Most recipes seem to indicate 250-275 dome temp, and 187-190 internal temp. About how many hours would it take to cook an eight pound brisket at 275 dome? One recipe I saw said 6-7 hours for an eleven pound brisket, while another recipe said 2 1/2 hours per pound.....these are big differences in cooking time.......

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    As a guide generally 1-1/2 to 2 hrs/pound.

We mostly cook to temp of the meat and the time is somewhat a guideline.

I cook my brisket to 195° internal and will at times go to 200° The after cook rest seems to be important for moisture. I will go anywhere from 1 hour to 4 hours - mostly dependent on eat time.

I have only done a few. All except for one was very good. The one I didn't light my fire correctly and the fire went out during the night. I could't trust the meat being safe to I tossed it out.

GG