Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping Biscuit

Options
"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is a pic of my XL hinge.It is just like you said with the straight arm.Thanks in advance for getting me the upgrade.You are a good man.I will continue to do business with you :)

011-2.jpg

Comments

• Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    Yea, That's it...... The fix is the L shaped hinges and the spring kit so you won't bust a gut opening that monster.I'll call you next week when I get it in.
    Do you have that gap in the seal around back too? The fix will take care of that problem as well.
    Great to see you yesterday,hope you can come up some Saturday and be a guest chef. That would be awesome, Doug.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Biscuit,I meant to post that yesterday.There is a visable gap at the back of the egg.The gasket still looks to be fine.I never noticed this before you told me to look there.I guess since it's never been over 350*,it didn't toast the gasket.Thanks again,
  • Biscuit
    Biscuit Posts: 208
    Options
    Just hold off gettin that baby too hot till we can get her fixed bro.Cook on that medium, You can't hurt the gasket on that.. :laugh: