Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How good could it be?

Options
Braddog
Braddog Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The FedEx fairy arrived last Friday with my first shipment of Dizzy Pig products. For the past year, I've thought to myself "How good could it be"?

Well, now I know. I've only tried Shakin' the Tree on chicken (twice this week), but if that's any indication of what I can expect from Dizzy Dust & Cow Lick then I can't wait for the weekend.

Thanks to the folks at DP for the quick shipping & the samples!

Cheers,
Braddog

Comments

• Maciek
    Maciek Posts: 54
    Options
    I just placed my first order with dizzy pig earlier this week. I'm still waiting on delivery, but I'm very excited to try the products.

Glad to hear you like it (along with pretty much everyone else)!

Maciek
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    For awhile, I had a shaker of Ragin' River next to the salt and pepper on the kitchen table. Put it on just about everything. I seem to go through a lot of Dizzy Dust, too. I made some steak a few weeks ago. I made one smallish piece with nothing on it, but the rest with Raising the Steaks. I let my wife taste the plain, which she said was very good. Then I gave her the rubbed meat. She commented that the first piece was good, but the second was excellent.
  • Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    I had a similar experience with the first attempt at grilled chicken breasts with Shakin' The Tree. My wife said "I don't what you did different, but that's the best grilled chicken we've had off of the egg yet"!

As a side note, I was getting the egg up to temp last night when I happened to look up and see my 8 yr old daughter do a header over the handle bars on her scooter. She banged her chin on the sidewalk, so while I was tending to her and trying to stop the bleeding I neglected the egg. As you can imagine, when I got back to it the temp guage was pegged at 700 degrees and I began to have visions of a melted gasket. I throttled everything back, grilled the chicken, and I think the gasket will be okay.

I sort of felt like Florence Henderson in one of those old Wesson Oil commercials! ;)

Cheers,
    Braddog