Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I think I screwed up the guru

Options
61chev
61chev Posts: 539
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I screwed up! When I went out today to get the egg going I discovered the last time I used it I accidently melted a hole in the lid of the tub I keep the lump and guru in. After 2 days of rain lump and guru had a shower. I took it apart and used a hair dryer to dry it out. No such luck no power to the guru. Has anyone got any ideas or am just out of luck?
Gerry

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    As I recall the Guru folks run a hospital for sickly Gurus so that's probably your best bet to give them a holler in the morning. Personally I keep mine inside safe and sound in this pistol case.
    IMG_0783-1.jpg
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Options
    Well I have always heard better be lucky than smart. i let the guru opened up all afternoon to dry just went out and plugged it in and low and behold it works. Thanks for the reply on the pistol case from now on guru will have anice dry warm bed
    Gerry
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    here is what i use in the rain

101_0426.jpg

101_0425.jpg

works pretty good if you have to egg in the rain ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb