Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Resting Time for a Boston Butt

Options
Skipman
Skipman Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First I wanted to thank eveyone for the great info I have received on this site. I cooked my first Boston Butts a few weeks ago. 17 hours of low and slow and the results were awesome![p]Now a question for the experts!![p]I would like to transport a cooked Boston Butt to a picnic I am attending that will require it to sit for 3 to 3.5 hours away. I have heard a lot of talk about wrapping a butt in aluminum foil and towels and putting into a cooler. Does anyone have any comments on how long the butt will hold a safe temperature?[p]Thanks in advance[p]Skipman

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Skipman,
    It will still be hot 3 - 4 hours later...you may want to consider taking the towels you are going to use and soaking them in hot water first, just as added insurance..HTH[p]Wess

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Skipman,[p]I have held large roasts hot for 6 hours. You can pour some hot water into your cooler prior to putting the roast in it. Of course, be sure to empty it first.[p]You can also line the bottom with newspapers or more towels.[p]Stogie[p]