Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Marlin Stakes

Options
RedFish
RedFish Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My brother just got back from Cabo San Lucas with lots of Marlin Stakes (130# Stripped Marlin). Any suggestions on Egging? Man some guys have all the luck. Then again some of us have an Egg!

Comments

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    Redfish,
    I LOVE to make blackened Marlin steaks. I have a cast iron pan that fits my large BGE. I coat the marlin with a small amound of melted butter then coat liberally with Paul Prudhomes redfish blackening plus a lot of extra fresh ground black pepper and some ancho chilli powder. I let the seasoning sit on the marlin for 30 minutes prior to cooking. Heat the pan in the egg to 500-550 degrees. Cook the marlin like a beef steak - 3 minutes per side plus a dwell time. If the marlin steak is 1" thick then I cook 3 min per side plus a 3 minute dwell.[p]I also do the same thing with catfish fillets - only cut the cooking time and eliminate the dwell.[p]Beers to you,[p]Mr Beer