Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggsperiment

Options
Buckdodger
Buckdodger Posts: 957
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wanted to share how I did a Porkloin roast Sunday. I winged it with some hints I have read on some posts on the forum.
The roast was about 6 lbs. I made up a rub from a Weber cookbook...I tweeked the recipe a bit. Took the membrane off the bone side like you do on ribs. Rubbed all four sides. Put in fridge for about an hour while I started the LEgg. I filled the firebox to the holes on the side of the box. Got the dome temp to settle at 225. Put the meat on bone side down, direct heat. Set the temp probe for 200 internal. When the meat got to 150 I flipped over to the fat side about 21/2 hours. Cooked on fat side to about 195 internal, took it off and double wrapped it for about 1 hour. Had about 5 tblspoons of juice in the foil. The meat was like butter and crispy on the fat side. I was one happy "Newbie". :)

Bob

Opelika, Alabama

Comments