Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

i can't edit posts

Options
Rick's Tropical Delight
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
there is no 'edit' link for my posts. can you please look into this?

ie 7 browser

Comments

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    think they took your edit rights away rick..said your pix were too perfect and you needed some 'mistakes' in your posts!! B)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    wide view? narrow view? flat view?

i was in the Feedback Forum and found no 'edit' button either. but i've been editting the regular classic forum posts forever.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,

I found an issue with the "edit" link logic that caused handles with "funny" characters to fail. I modified the logic to be based entirely on the "userid" (which is a numeric value) instead of trying to match the handle or username. This change may cause some new problems, but hopefully you should be able to edit your posts now. It should be slightly (very slightly) faster viewing a message now also (since there are two less database queries running now).

Also, the same bad logic causes problems for members with duplicate handles. This should not be allowed, but importing from the old forum all the profiles bypassed the logic to check for duplicates; so, we have a number of members with duplicated handles (e.g. "bill", "jim", etc). I've fixed a couple of these when I encountered them, but no doubt many still remain.
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    that was it!

thanks, dude!

:woohoo: