Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Sad Days are over! Happy Days are here again!

Dr. StrangeloveDr. Strangelove Posts: 261
edited 1:42PM in EggHead Forum
The JB Weld fix seems to have worked! Thanks to all who sent condolences and advice, I have thrown some babybacks on as a celebration!

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

Sorry about the tarps and whatnot in the background - just moved in and have not had time to clean up! Disclaimer - I am not a graduate of the JB Weld school of repair, so it looks a bit rough!

Jet

Comments

• BigCharBigChar Posts: 113
    You know what they say - Scars are like tattoos with better stories! Glad you are back in one piece -
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Congratulations Jet! Good to see you have the egg working hard.

This might not be important, neverthless, keep some room between the egg and anything burnable, just in case.

Looks like you FME degree from JB Weld school... (Fixed My Egg).

GG
  • Looks mightyfine to me.

Doesn't look like the ribs mind it at all.
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Good Job Jet!!...glad to see you back...heed Grandpa's advice and keep that baby away from anything flammable...would hate to see it collapse sometime while 'nuclear'...
  • Looks like an unique work of art to me.

Spacey
  • Yeah I'll stay away from "Nuclear" - wouldn't want the Navy putting the old missle smackdown on it because of "dangerous fuel" like they did that satellite!

JET
  • Thanks. I would have like it to be less ghetto-looking, but hey, it works again!

JET
  • Pork Butt MikePork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Their's nothing like battle scares. It just make's things better. Good luck with your great fix and Happy Egging will go on.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Jet,

If you want to get rid of the gray, go to Lowes, Home Depot or Ace and pick up some high temp green paint. You will have the 'bondo' look gone in no time. It is possible even the low temp will work.

The bottom of the egg sometimes gets hot but not all that hot, possibly won't even need high temp paint.

GG
  • ChefBrianChefBrian Posts: 172
    I have used it for years with good results on classic cars. I have an exhaust mainifold with some on it over a crack and it has held.
  • ChefBrianChefBrian Posts: 172
    I have used it for years with good results on classic cars. I have an exhaust mainifold with some on it over a crack and it has held.