Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any other Pimenton lovers

Willie Lump Lump
Willie Lump Lump Posts: 229
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I’m in love with Pimenton de la Vera Picante (Spanish hot smoked paprika). This is not the paprika Grandma sprinkled on the Deviled eggs at Christmas for a little color.
It is smoky, earthy, sweet and hot. (and pricey for the good stuff). It has completely replaced Chile powder in any rub that I make.
I got on a Paella kick and discovered this stuff. Now it’s become my favorite seasoning.
I figure that there has got to be other fans here. I am sure will get some converts.
TTFN WLL

Comments

• TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Yes it is very good. I wish I could say that We've Egged alot with it but we haven't. But my wife has made alot of non Egg dishes with it that were great. I used almost the last of it to make Egged AZRP spicey shrimp and it was the best. Then on Easter Sunday my wife was making deviled eggs and she cursed as she added the last little bit to her deviled eggs It wasn't too much and everyone asked and liked what gave the eggs an extra zing,
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    We rub a little on ribeyes along with some kosher salt. Incredible.

I also like the Penzey's Smoked Paprika - similar smokey taste but not nearly as hot.

Dave

Our BGE

http://www.ramblekatz.com/BGE.html
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.