Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many pounds of pork

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How many pounds of BBQ pork ribs would I need to feed 7 adults (its actually only 5 adults but three are men and I'd rather have more than less).[p]Thanks,
Cornfed

Comments

• Cornfed
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]To clarify, this is a question from a friend which I've quickly cut and pasted. I know what I might tell him, but mine and ST's appetites are a little abnormal, so I was wondering what some normal folks might say.[p]Thanks,
    Cornfed

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    Cornfed,
    my last rib batch the boy child of 17 years scarfed down an entire side of pork ribs. But barring the paranna types 3 servings per rib (the big ribs) is more than plenty
    [/b]
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I don't know about pounds, but I'd say a healthy adult male would want to eat one of those things of ribs that are about 15 inches long by 6 inches wide. I would call it a rack, but I think I've read that a rack is actually something different. Another measure is that your "rack" of ribs should hang over the plate by about 1.5 inches on each end. :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Unknown
    Options
    Cornfed,
    If catering we figure 3 bones per person but because this is mainly men I would figure half a rack per. I would do 4 racks.
    jim[p]

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I would think that 3 slabs (6 racks) would be sufficient. Serve sides of cole slaw, baked beans and white bread.
    JimW

• Cornfed
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Not to dissuade additional replies, but...[p]Thanks, everyone![p]Thanks for the quick and helpful replies! Very nice to have this type of information so quickly available from experienced cooks like yourselves.[p]Now this talk about ribs has me wanting ribs...
    Cornfed