Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for Theo and Rita bacon wrapped, crab stuffed, shrimp recipe

Options
Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This was featured on the BGE video that came with my mini. Anyone know the recipe? Would really appreciate it if you could share.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Angie2B,[p]I looked for it too and could not find it so we developed our own and I have to say it is a favorite. Take several Jumbo Shrimp (readily avilable in this area anyway), devein them and butterfly them. Saute some fresh crab meat in a skillet with olive oil, salt, pepper, (black and red), parsley, and a little lemon. Place the crabmeat in the shrimp and lay on a peice of bacon at the very end of the bacon. Carefully roll up the bacon and fold it over so the crabmeat will stay in. I like to then pour italian dressing over the shrimp for at least a couple of hours. For best results, go to Lowes and get their fish basket that locks the food in place and place the sprimp in and close tightly. Get egg up to about 500 degrees and sear the bacon for a couple of minutes on each side then shut down until done...usually about 20 minutes or so. The shrimp does not dry out since it is wrapped in bacon. There may be a better way to do this but this works for me.
    Good luck with it.[p]Neal

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Neal from Mobile,[p]Nice to see your working on different things, the shrimp sounds great, i haven't tried to cook them in some tim,e. Maybe it's time again.[p]Earl
  • HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Angie2B,
    I did an advanced search using Google.com, in conjunction with the biggreenegg.com and found Theo and Rita Riddle, Douglasville, Ga., cooked this recipe at the 1999 Eggfest. It was called Savannah Style Shrimp. However, due to time limitations and gray matter limitations, I seem to have hit the proverbial brick wall. I even attempted to cross reference either name in the visitor profile, but had no luck. Perhaps these clues could jog others about this recipe, or their BGE names and they could be located. I'd be interested in it myself, as my bride is a shrimp/crabmeat lover.

• Unknown
    Options
    Holy Smokes,
    Several attempts have been made to get that recipe - even asking folks who were standing there next to them. Conclusion reached is they have never been posters here and they seem to have vanished before the VCR tape was edited!

• Angie2B
    Options
    Holy Smokes,
    Thanks for searching for me I appreciate it. I watched the BGE video for a second time last night and really noticed how everyone raved about those shrimp. I think I am going to try the recipe below tonight. Thank you! :)

• Angie2B
    Options
    Neal from Mobile,
    Thank you! I am going to try these tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

• Unknown
    Options
    Angie2B,
    Send me an e-mail when you get a chance and tell me how it turned out. You will do fine with it. You can add or take away from time or spice it up more if you want with the stuffing. I am sure it will be great.[p]Neal

• Unknown
    Options
    Earl,
    I love to try new things...I will be buying my second egg next week...I am getting a small one. I think the mini may be a little too small for what I need for ball games etc. Still looking forward to the quails when I find them.[p]Neal

• Angie2B
    Options
    Neal from Mobile,
    Hey I wanted to tell you those shrimp were bad..................for my diet!!!!:) I couldn't stop eating them! That recipe is definetly a keeper. My son really liked them too. Thank you for posting it. I will be making it again next week. :)

• Unknown
    Options
    Angie2B,
    I am glad you enjoyed them. I kind of watched the video and guessed until I think we got it right !!
    Now you inspired me to do this again tonight...THANKS :)