Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4:45 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
GOOD MORNING EGGHEADS!!!

Yes, it is I, Spring Chicken, and I am reporting from the Horse Capital Of the world, Ocala, Florida USA.

As a matter of course I checked the plumbing of this multi-chambered facility. It works.

There were no refrigeration units in visual sight so that was one less duty to perform. Same with security. No Rodney Dangerbird here. I have no idea what they do to maintain security. But with less duties for me to perform I found it awkward to remain in the carbon unit recharging device beyond the full-charge period.

Recollecting the events of the past three day/night combination time units, I experienced what Earth-based carbon units refer to as "A good time."

One such enjoyable experience was a carriage ride with Arizona based carbon units, Kim and Randy Price. We rode through senic horse country where money appeared to be a secondary concern to the occupiers of large sections of Earth, much of which was landscaped to facilitate the industry of breeding, berthing, raising and training horses, many of which for the sole purpose of racing.

The carrige was attached to a very large horse, a Percheron we were told. He responded to the name of Duke. He obviously had only one speed... very slow, but showed no strain whatsoever moving the contraption and its occupants.

There was an operator/narrator who shared interesting information about each area we passed. A few of the more well appointed areas of Earth were either currently owned or previously owned by carbon units made rich by products or services that most humans would recognize.

It was an interesting and enlightening experience punctuated occasionally by the sound of shivering from Kim and Randy, because there was a damp chill in the otherwise fresh air.

The Eggfest was entirely enjoyable. Spring Hen and I met many Eggheads we only knew through the BGE Forum, and many others who never heard of either of us. And, of course, we saw some old friends that are near and dear to us. Unfortunately, mine and Spring Hen's power supply ran out early and we attached ourselves to the charging device at 8:00 PM local time.

We will soon be extracting ourselves from this area and returning to our assigned Earth space in Texas.

For those of you in need of simple pleasures, the Chicken Ranch should be open for business by 3:00 PM Central Texas Time today.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Rode Hard And Put Away Damp" Chicken
Ocala Florida USA

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Goodnight Leroy

Pat
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Leroy,
    Nice to see ya posting from Ocala, sounds like y'all had a great time. Thanks for bringing us up to date. Glad to hear the ranch will be open again soon, time for me to starting counting my stash. Opppppsssssssss, wrong ranch, sorry bout that. :lol:
    Hope all is O.K. when you get in, if so then Rodney Dangerbird has been doing his job. :cheer:

Have a safe trip home.

Cheers,
    Bordello