Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any other Indiana Eggers out there? Old Dave?

Options
Angie2B
Angie2B Posts: 543
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wondering if that big Pork expo was coming back to Indy anytime soon. I forget the name of it. Anyone know what I am blubbering about?

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Betcha dollars to donuts that Dave will be there - but as for being on this "new" foreum he pretty much hates it with a passion!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Angie2B
    Options
    Really? Thats not good, I always appreciated his wisdom. All this old forum/new forum stuff makes me sad.
  • Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    Don't know anything about the pork expo, but would attend if anyone has the info. Egger in NE Ind around Lake Tippecanoe. Any eggers in the area who would like to share, let me know.
  • Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    Don't know anything about the pork expo, but would attend if anyone has the info. Egger in NE Ind around Lake Tippecanoe. Any eggers in the area who would like to share, let me know.
  • Angie2B
    Options
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I FULLY agree! Old Dave has more between his ears than most ALL of us will ever know!!! BTW Dave told me his dislike of this new format in an email so I hope I'm not betraying a confidence...OTOH his absence - let alone the displeasure ALSO posted by drbbq falls in line doesn't it!???
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Angie2B
    Options
    I have aways been kinda hit and miss with my posting. Been visiting this site on and off since 2001. But in all those years, I knew when I came to the green room, the same group of good friends would always be there. But they're not here anymore, and it makes me sad, like I've lost a set of good friends or family members. I don't think it will ever be the same again. It's just a shame. And drbbq giving the egg such good publicity...it's just terrible that the site doesn't work for him.
  • Angie,

I am still around but not on this forum very much. Sure nice to see you back. Are you still in Indy?

The Pork Expo seems to be locked in to the Des Moines location and probably won't come back to Indy. However, there are all kinds of new BBQ contest stuff going on in Indiana.

"Q" for the Kids, June 6th & 7th, is a KCBS contest in Fairbanks, Indiana which is near Terre Haute. I will be at this contest, Look for "Ribs & Bibs".
    http://www.fairbankscommunitycenter.com/2008 Q for the Kids.htm

Great Goshen Grill Out, July 11th & 12th, at Goshen, Indiana is another KCBS event with a ton of other stuff going on at the same time. Ribs & Bibs will miss this one as we will be competing in Shannon, Il. this year.
    http://www.greatgoshengrillout.com/

Madison Ribberfest, August 15th & 16th, at Madison, Indiana is a KCBS event and a big contest with lots to do. Great music!! Again, Ribs & Bibs will miss this one as we will be competing in Lebanon, Tn.
    http://www.madisonribberfest.com/

Bean Blossom Blues, Brews, and BBQ, September 4th-6th at Bean Blossom, Indiana, near Nashville is now a KCBS event and Ribs & Bibs will be cooking at this one. This is a Music Park so I am sure you know about this one.
    http://www.beanblossomblues.com/

You can also find us at a couple of other out of state contests that are still pretty close to Indy. Authur, Il in October in the heart of Amish country is about 2 hours West of Indy. Will also be competing at Kettering, Ohio in July and this is about 2 hours East of Indy.

There will be ceramic cookers at all of these events.

If you or any other Eggers have any questions on any Indiana event, let me know and I will try to help. Usually always a cold drink of some kind at the Ribs & Bibs cooking site for all ceramic cooks and friends.

Looking forward to seeing you this year..

Old Dave
    stam@ccrtc.com
  • Angie2B
    Options
    Hey!!!Hello !!! :) It's so good to hear from you. Thanks for all the info, it was just what I was looking for.

I'm still in Indy. Off work at present, for breast cancer treatments, and bored to tears. Been hanging out here in the green room a lot .......pestering everyone with my silly posts. Miss you and smoked signals input.

Sounds like you are still busy as ever. I'm am definitely going to some of these events. My husband is much more interested in BBQ than in the past and should be an easy sell to get him to go! :)

Thanks so much again!
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm from Indy.

I am just getting started with the Egg. I started building my outdoor kitchen in the fall and just got the tile laid right before freezing temps hit. So, just to be safe I covered the tile with plastic for the winter to keep additional moisture out. I didn't want the tiles popping off. I'm just now uncovering it and getting the Egg set up. I have been following this board all winter and it has been torture to not have it set up. But, the good side is that I have learned so much. Hopefully that will save me from having so many "bad cooks".

I also noticed there was another person on the board from McCordsville. I think his handle was CarlinIndy or something like that. I haven't seen him on recently though.
  • Angie2B
    Options
    Krusty,

Where did you get your egg from? I am looking for a good dealer. Welcome to the board! I am excited for you getting an outdoor kitchen, mine just sit on the patio. Make sure and show us some pics when you are done. :)
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Options
    I bought mine at Grillmasters Garden in Zionsville. They are right on Main Street. It is kind of a neat little place. It is small, but they have quite a bit of variety. I live on the NE side so I don't get there very often. They also have classes that sound interesting. They have a web site, www.grillmastersgarden.com where you can check out the classes and their online store. If you are close to them, I would recommend them. A little pricey, but good folks. When I went there to buy the Egg they did not have any left at the store, but had one in their warehouse that was about 10 minutes away. There was only one guy working at the store and he actually closed the store for a while so that he could take me to the warehouse to get the Egg.

I first ran into the Egg at a local Pools of Fun store when I went there with a neighbor. I wouldn't recommend them as a dealer though. The workers at the store knew next to nothing about them. It was enough to get my curiosity up and I started researching into BGE. That led me to Grillmasters Garden.

Thanks for the welcome. I am hoping to break in the Egg this week. I'm sure I will be posting a lot of questions after that happens! :)
  • Fossil Frank
    Options
    I'm from Danville, IN and I got my BGE from Godby's Hearth and Home a year ago. He is a new BGE dealer and seemed very nice. He is located on US 36 on the west side about a mile west of I 465. He made me a good deal.
    Frank
  • Angie2B
    Options
    Nice meeting you. I've always thought Danville was a pretty town. My grandmother in the 1918 range got her teaching certificate from some place in Danville. She caught a train in Coverdale to Danville, stayed the week and came home for weekends. Her folks took her to the train station via horse and buggy.

Well, now that I am totally "Off Topic" (I'm sure you wanted to hear that, I just always think of that when I hear of Danville). Anyway, it is very nice to meet another Indiana egger. I have been getting a good lump from GFS called Nature-Glo for 14 bucks, so if you are close to a GFS you might check it out. Have a good day! :)
  • Angie2B
    Options
    That looks like a really nice place! I am going to have to get up there and take a look. I am on the SE side in Wanamaker.